When you're working with material that is hard-to-see, then you need a web guiding sensor that can see the edge as if it were opaque. The SE-38 First*Edge Sensor is an all-digital web sensor that is specifically designed for materials with varying opacities. Such voids, common with spunbond and loosely woven materials, are often difficult to detect with typical infrared sensors, and nearly impossible to detect with air or ultrasound.
The SE-38 First*Edge Sensor is capable of detecting the first edge of a web and then ignoring any and all subsequent variations due to Fife's unique 180º foldback prism sensing technology. It has a standard sensing gap of 2” (50.8 mm) and a control range of 1.7” (43.2 mm) delivering precise, versatile control for single-edge or center guiding applications.
- All-digital sensor eliminates effects of opacity variations in nonwoven materials.
- Unique 180º foldback prism detects materials that are nearly impossible to sense with infrared, air or ultrasound.
- Immune to web plane changes and unaffected by ambient light, including sunlight.
- Compatible with all Fife processors.
- Standard sensing gap of 2” (50.8 mm) and a control range of 1.7” (43.2 mm)
- Flexible mounting and positioning assemblies ensure quick and easy installation.
- Electrostatic discharge protection.
+10 to 15 VDC
<80 mA (<55 mA average)
0 to 10 mA
38 ounces (1,077.3 grams)
32º to 140º F
(0º to 60º C)