PERMA-TORK® Permanent Magnet Brakes
Innovative PERMA-TORK® permanent magnet brakes are capable of producing highly accurate, dependable torque without the need of an external power source. These breakthrough brakes use high energy, multi-pole magnets to establish lines of magnetic force that retard the motion of the center rotating disc, delivering smooth, precise control.
Designed for long-lasting, reliable performance, PERMA-TORK brakes are commonly used in light torque control applications, including tensioning, torque limiting, magnetic coupling and testing. These brakes are available in three types:
Hysteresis - Torque is infinitely adjustable, with constant torque provided independent of slip speed. This type offers the smoothest torque and longest life, making it excellent for overload and jam protection.
- Breakthrough permanent magnet technology requires no external control or power source.
- Unique design provides torque constant or proportional with respect to speed.
- Fast, precise torque adjustment.Durable, long-lasting operation - no maintenance required.
- Versatile mounting options ensure quick and easy installation.
- Compact design requires minimal space.
· Rated Torque:
· .14 oz-in to 55 lb-in
· .25 oz-in to 55 lb-in
3 to 150 watts
10 to 150 watts